If you are planning to build a swimming pool on your property, then safety is a prime concern; so much so that in Australia, you would require your pool area to be inspected by a state-approved contractor in order to receive a pool compliance certificate. Bearing in this in mind, there are a number of potential materials that can be used for pool fencing.
Glass Pool Fencing
By far the most popular, glass fencing offers several major advantages – it is very durable, perfectly safe and it requires no maintenance – and with the ability to see inside the pool area, glass makes perfect sense. You basically have a choice between frameless and semi-frameless fencing, each with its own set of benefits.
- Frameless Glass Pool Fencing – This is a seamless look that is perfect for the modern setting, and by channelling a deep groove into the floor tiles, the 15mm glass panels are securely anchored and have rubber brackets to keep them together. If you would rather not have a groove cut into the floor, spigots can be fitted at specific intervals, which provide a solid fixing, plus there are special brackets to fix the panels to the building if required.
- Semi–Framed Glass Pool Fencing – This is a more traditional design, with aluminium posts that hold the 10mm glass panels into place, and you can choose a brushed aluminium finish or a powder-coated colour, both of which are excellent finishes. If you would like an idea of current glass pool fencing prices in Adelaide, an online search will help you locate a local supplier.
Tubular Steel Pool Fencing
Many pools are protected by classic fencing using vertical slats that are around 100mm apart, and with primer and colour, the steel is protected against the elements. Of course, steel pool fencing would be made to measure and with a special gate that has a self-closing mechanism, your pool area is safe, plus you can always see inside.
Aluminium Pool Fencing
Aluminium is a popular material for pool fencing, as it is light, strong and maintenance free. The supplier would pay you a visit and design a suitable layout that would fully comply with state safety guidelines.
Specific Safety Information
Regardless of which state you live in, swimming pool fencing must be compliant with the Australian guidelines, which are as follows:
- No gaps can be greater than 100mm, which includes the bottom gap of the fence.
- The fencing must be a minimum of 1.2m.
- The fencing must have a gate that opens outward and has a self-closing device fitted.
There must be no objects within 800mm of the fencing, as these would be aids to climb over the fence, and these would include garden furniture, trees, shrubs or any other objects.
The demand for Fence Repair Austin reflects the city’s growing need for property maintenance as Austin continues to expand. These services are integral to preserving the safety and aesthetics of local neighborhoods. As Austin grows, fence repair becomes more crucial.